Mohammed Jahangir Alam
Mr. Mohammed Jahangir Alam is a man of Wisdom and energetic businessman. After completing education from Government College of Commerce, Chittagong, Bangladesh in 1980 started his career by joining in a private service.
He has derived vast proficiency in trading in Iron & Steel, Cement, Bitumen, C.I Sheet, Zinc Ingot, Capital Market, Industrial ventures etc. Initially he established his business house named Jahangir & Others in 1987 which was subsequently incorporated as Jahangir & Others Limited in 2003. He has established himself as one of the business leaders in Bangladesh.
He is the Chairman of M. I. Cement Factory Limited, Crown Power Generation Limited, Crown Polymer Bagging Limited, Crown Mariners Limited, Crown Transportation & Logistics Limited.
He is the Managing Director of GPH Ispat Limited, GPH Power Generation Limited, Indo Steel Re-Rolling Industries Limited, Jahangir & Others Limited, and Chittagong Capital Limited.
He is also the Director of Premier Cement Mills Limited, Premier Power Generation Limited, Asia Insurance Ltd. and Chartered Life Insurance Ltd.
As a part of social activities he is actively involved with the following social organizations:
• Founder Member of Independent University of Bangladesh (IUB), Chittagong, Bangladesh
• Vice President of Gulshan North Club Limited
• Life Member of Chittagong Maa-o-Shishu Hospital
• Member of Bangladesh German Chamber of Commerce and Industry
• Executive Director of Auto Re-Rolling and Steel Mills Association
• General Secretary of Chattagram Iron-Steel Utpadak and Banik Samity
• Member of Bangladesh Ex-Cadet Association
• Life Member of Bangladesh National Society for the Blind.
• Life Member of Bhatiary Golf & Country Club
• Life Member of Gulshan Society
• Vice President of Gulshan Joggers Society
• General Member of FBCCI
• Life Member of Banani Club Limited
• Life Member of Dhaka Boat Club Limited